Thursday, November 30, 2006

Spinning my Wheels

Like most knit bloggers atm, all of my knitting time is being dedicated to stuff that I can't talk about. But the end is in sight - I only have 1 little project and 1 more big one - then I'm done for the holiday season. I plan on celebrating the holidays this year by doing nothing more than sipping some mulled seasonal cheer and laughing with my little family. And I'm a very blessed by having the best parents in the world who spoil me completely rotten - I have a Louet coming my way for Christmas.

May be slightly obsessed with spinning, as a consquence. Yarn Geek started me off with a lovely gifty of some dyed silk hankies from the Loop Cafe. They, plied with an alpaca/silk blend, made this.


Note to self - don't get lazy and skip setting the twist...you will get a major phoomph effect. My spinning is honestly quite crap atm, but is slowly improving.

Then this arrived from eBay:


as did this:


Which resulted in these:


(Red = merino, Orange = Tussah Silk in Blaze from Franquemont Fibres) Will likely end up as fingerless mittens, as there isn't more than 75 g of this stuff. >_<



Merino/Silk/Angelina in "Princessa" from same ebay seller. Not sure what to make with this - is spinning up atm into laceweight stuff...so we'll see if it ends up being socks or lace. Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

Blogger FrozenExtremities said...

Ooooh, lace, totally lace. The stuff looks like something a fairy's shawl would be made with!
And when you get your Louet we should sit down and figure out how the heck these things work. Mr. Wally Greenwheel is a complicated monster.

6:45 PM

 
Blogger Moe said...

Sigh.

Sigh.

So jealous.

9:11 PM

 
Blogger Alison said...

That closeup of what became of the silk hankies reminds me of some of the rock formations I remember looking at in the old days when I was a geology student (I'm much happier as a librarian, but hey, there are some beautiful rock formations out there!).

9:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home