Thursday, November 02, 2006

Busy, busy.

Apart from fending off the rather meagre hordes of tricked out children last week, things have been brewing steadily over here.

FOs:

Finished the dragonscale gauntlets - they just flew off the needles - and they're already getting fuzzy 'cause I can't stop wearing them. Photos to follow.

Have been spinning up the last of my "practice" roving - I must admit, spinning + CSI = bliss for me. I don't get to watch an awful lot of tv, so it's a real treat for me. :) Plied the resultant yarn into a 2 ply. It's a funky look...but it's not really enough to do anything with. So, I suppose that it's souvenir yarn for now.

Reorganized the house - moved my office downstairs into the basement and made the upstairs room into a proper guest room! It's working out well, as I was newly inspired by the transition to sit down at my sewing machine and whipped up this last night.




It's a case for circular needles - showed it to Sheryl at Tangled Skeins today, and she ordered 10. Which...uhm...I have yet to make. :) If I manage to get those done (and I'm looking forward to fabric stash diving once again), I think that I'll make more to sell on Etsy. As for my case - I spoiled myself a bit. The outside is chinese satin silk, and the inside is pure duponi silk. I figure that I'll make myself another one for my DPNs.

UFOs:

Scarf 1: I must really love this recipient - they're getting a scarf with the last of my bulky black Malabrigo. This stuff is IMPOSSIBLE to get in Canada. I had to bribe an American buddy of mine to ship the yarn to me. Best use of a box of Coffee Crisp evah.

Scarf 2: More Malabrigo. This UFO's on hold until I get the rest of the Malabrigo from the most recent co-op - I need the greys that I ordered. The scarf will be a gradient from black to light grey...and at the moment, I only have the black on hand. *sigh*

Hat 1: Pocoyo rocks Mr. Munchkin's world. So Mr. Ninja suggested that I knit a Pocoyo hat. It's going slowly, but I attribute that to the fact that I'm not thrilled with the Addi Turbos that I'm using. I actually have to slow down to avoid dropping stitches...and that's never good.

Misc:

These all arrived on the same day, despite being ordered from very different sources at different times. I don't know *what* my mailman thinks of us somedays. >_<



(prepare yourself for major geekout here)

I'm busy busy busy these days, as I was lucky enough to be invited to play in the closed beta for the Burning Crusade expansion for World of Warcraft. And if you didn't understand a single thing in that last sentence, that's perfectly ok. Heh. For a little perspective - there are an estimated 7 million subscribers who play World of Warcraft worldwide. And there are approximately 20 thousand (by my calculations) who were invited to play in the North American beta test. And I'm one of them.

SQUEEEEEEEE!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

That case is stunning. I am inspired to find my sewing machine under the pile of crap I have upon it and make something. Although, it's will likely be octagonal in shape...but not on purpose.
Even though I don't play WOW, I understood what you have been invited to. Do you read the comic strip "Foxtrot"? Well...the youngest child Jason would be very jealous...he was not chosen. They did about a week + devoted to his upset. Have fun!

3:28 PM

 
Blogger Steph said...

That case is seriously schwanky. Can wait to see it in person (prepare yourself: I'm gonna wanna touch it, but in a non-pervy way).

So, should we be bragging to people about your WOW? Are you, like, famous now?

4:19 PM

 
Blogger granolagirl said...

Great needle case! The one's I've drooled over have all been so expensive. Good for you for making your own (I wish I could sew)

7:43 PM

 
Blogger Moe said...

WOW! (pun intended) that is awesome - thanks for the context.

Your sewing skillz are amazing - stunning case! Stunning! Can't stop looking at the gorgeous fabric...

Congrats on the handpsun, the top-down hat pattern I linked to in my blog is good for small amounts if you mix them with other yarn...

7:42 AM

 
Blogger Lynne said...

Psssssst. Deb. I have a grats on being the 00ber g33k prezzie for you. What is it? I ain't tellin'.

I wish I could sew. 'Nuff said.

I bet you are EULA's and Non-disclosured all into one teeny I am dying to tell the world but can't knot. Beta tests can suck that way. ;) Will you be a blood elf or a dranai? (GO HORDE :P)

11:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home