Monday, September 04, 2006

Truckin' Along...

Title snatched from my buddy Pascoe's blog, but appropriate for now.

What *is* it with me and knives? For some reason, I can't stop myself from reaching for the buggers. For example - the needles that I was using to make the baby sweater for Myn just weren't sharp enough. Increasing by k1fb was just a nightmare, so I decided to take the pencil sharpeners to them.



Adequate for the job, wouldn't you say? But nooooooo, I needed to whip out the x-acto knife and proceed to whittle away. Got away with just a nick on one finger, but now the needles are too sharp and they're splitting the wool like mad. Gah.

The Campino socks are done!



The wee toes are Mr. Munchkin's, natch. He was sitting on my lap and helping me take the photo. The kid's a technology freak already...*sniff* I'm so proud. There are moments when I actually think hey, I'm doing a good job at this parenting gig. (i.e. when he asked for Weezer in the car) And then he proceeds to tell me to take the pickle out of my bum...and I make a new resolution to carefully monitor exactly what the hell Mr. Ninja and Mr. Munchkin do when I'm at KOL.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

Ooooh, those socks are delicious!!!
Pickle...heeheeheeheeheehee! Kids are so freakin funny!

7:26 PM

 
Blogger Steph said...

All I saw was "What is it with me and knives?" and I started saying, "No. No. Ninja. Please no."

I read the rest of your post through my fingers. Phew. Thank goodness it's only a little cut.

Just step away from the knives, Ma'am. Everyone will be fine.

yeesh.

8:31 PM

 
Blogger Lynne said...

I was also expecting some sort of gore-fest. And, while happy you are in tact, I can't help but feel a little let down. :P

Just remember, knives have handles so you don't have to grab the pointy end.

9:28 PM

 
Blogger Moe said...

Glad there was no carnage or trips to the "outdoor" (what they call emergency room in Stellarton).

Cute socks! Pickle in your bum? That can't be comfortable.

9:57 PM

 
Blogger Jaichan said...

Knives. Keep them sharp. I'll sharpen them all to death for you when I get back, if you like.
All the other chefs are scared at how foolishly sharp my knives are. Hee.
Cute socks. Cuter toes.
Pickle... hahahhaha.

4:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home