Friday, September 08, 2006

Rolling in the moolah

So, I spent yesterday afternoon in Tangled Skeins. But, contrary to most people's behaviour in a yarn store...I didn't buy any yarn. I wandered in there with the intention of checking out the superwash worsted wool (for Christmas presents - socks make for quick gratifying knits), and was asking Sheryl if she had any grey malabrigo on hand.

Turns out that she was almost out - her supplier was having trouble getting more. And of course, I had to open my big mouth and say "Well, I have some kicking around if you need it..." And with those words, I managed to sell 40 skeins of Malabrigo outta my personal stash. While I'm sorta happy to have the floor space back...I'm altogether tempted to place another order through a co-op. Which happens to close today. Gah. Weak, weak, weak.

Also, shibori bag is finished. Hope to have pics as of tomorrow - I'm not terribly good at taking mirror photos. Need to find a magnetic purse closure, but that might take awhile, so I'm not fussed terribly about it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jaichan said...

Can't wait to see the bag!!!

5:47 PM

 
Blogger Lesley said...

Atlantic Fabrics in the Woodlawn Shopping Centre carries the magnetic purse closures. They come in packs of two. They stock them with "notions" on the right hand wall, just before you get to their yarn section.

6:06 PM

 
Blogger Alison said...

You had 40 skeins of malabrigo to spare? I know you talk about stash-shopping, but that's not a stash, that's a STASH!

7:26 PM

 
Blogger Moe said...

I mean, I KNEW you had a lot of malabrigo on hand...but Holy Crap!

Pictures! Shibori!

10:40 AM

 
Blogger Lynne said...

I find it totally hilarious that someone has 40 balls of spare anything. I mean, I have a fair bit of yarn, but not to SPARE. Heh.

9:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home