Wednesday, July 19, 2006

World Cup madness...

Here. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Mostly.

Fanmile: one the best innovations of this World Cup - giant screens set up in town so that anyone without a ticket can still enjoy the fun. And enjoy we did. I don't think that the pictures can really show how many people were really there...the world really does come to party at the World Cup.


Spain vs. Saudi Arabia


More Fanmile:


Some friendly Italian boys after the USA-Italia game on the Fanmile:




The fanmile before a game was just ... electric. Here's one of the Spanish fans with a trumpet:


This was what the World Cup was all about this time - ancient beauty juxtaposed with the beautiful game. This was taken in Bitch, France. (A short drive from K-town)


Those beer kegs were *very* handy - I stood on one almost the whole USA-Italia game so that I could see the giant screen.


An advertisement for Dolce & Gabbana - with the Italian fussball team in all their glory...


Fanmile during one of the Germany games:


A gratuitious Eurotrash Mr. Munchkin pic. Just 'cause I can.

6 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Those shades are too cool!

9:28 PM

 
Blogger Lynne said...

Um, is it a typo or am I just reading it wrong, but was the french town called "bitch"?!

I am loving the pics

10:28 AM

 
Blogger Lesley said...

Wow, chicki, it looks like an amazing experience! Very cool.

12:45 PM

 
Blogger Alison said...

Deb, I was looking at these pictures when Andrew came in. He said "who's that?" and all I could think was Mr. Munchkin! I drew a total blank on his name (although I have since remembered it!) because when reading your blog it's always just Mr Munchkin!

1:36 PM

 
Blogger Jaichan said...

Love the pics. Eurotrash.
I love it.

7:01 PM

 
Blogger Moe said...

Did I not comment on this? I was sure I did. I am losing my mind.

Anyhoo, I just stopped by to wish you a Happy Birthday today!

4:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home