Sunday, July 02, 2006

Must ... remember ... to ... breathe

Well, I'm back but not quite ready to talk about the World Cup. I'm waiting on some photos from friends before I can properly show the insanity that was the holiday. But I *can* talk shop - it's all about the yarn, baby.


There was only one yarn store in town, alas. I didn't really have time to hunt down any others in the province...but it was alright, as the little store was more than enough to satiate my gluttonous yarn appetite. It was interesting - it wasn't really like the yarn stores that we have in Canada, as there was only one or two brands that the store carried. (Lana Grosse and a few random balls of Regia) But it had the ENTIRE freakin' line of yarn. Merino, silk, wool, cotton, you name it.


That's the sale rack outside of the store...note the cobblestones outside the store - this store's located in the pedestrian area of K-town. (One of my favorite things about Europe is the presence of an area dedicated just to strolling around. Of course, it doesn't hurt that there are generally at least 3 - 4 ice cream parlors in each pedestrian area. This holiday was all about the food and the yarn. I swear that there was sausage in the air, I gained so much weight.)


See that? It's a 4-sided display of just sock yarn. Miles and miles of beautiful, soft sock yarn. On sale. Yes, unbridled spending was the order of the day, I'm afraid.


Oh, and while I was in Germany - I can thank knitting for keeping me sane. Thanks to the Odessa, I managed not to royally piss off my in-laws. Naturally, that waited until we got back home. *eyeroll*


If I look somewhat doubtful in the pic - I don't do hats, but Mr. Munchkin refused to model it for me. He was too busy getting a Eurotrash makeover. Note the Fussball in the pic - that was the top of a very loud squeezy horn. Which he used to happily wake up the entire household every frickin' morning. Note for those considering propogating a munchkin of your own - kids don't get jet lag. You've been warned.

7 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Are you sure that's your son? 'cause he looks an awful lot like a European ROCK STAR.

The photos of the yarn shop? Sigh. That's what my personal heaven is going to look like.

2:21 PM

 
Blogger FrozenExtremities said...

I wonder if the shop rents floor space. Cuz I wanna move IN.
And the munchkin is tres chic.

3:28 PM

 
Blogger Alison said...

The munchkin looks pretty relaxed--guess he had a good vacation! We have similar photos of The Boy, in the carseat with shades on. It's the only time he'll wear them!

10:18 PM

 
Blogger meegiemoo said...

Love the hat. Odessa might have to be moved up on my To Be Knit list.

Munchkin is adorable but I'm heeding your warning and abstaining from increasing the surplus population. =)

8:21 AM

 
Blogger Moe said...

Oh, munchkin DOES look eurotrash, and I love it! His shirt-sunglasses combo rocks, and do I detect the merest hint of hair product?

Wow, you are going to be knitting socks into 2008...

12:49 PM

 
Blogger Jaichan said...

cute pics and cute yarn.
i went to the world cup in japan a few years ago and it was mad amounts of fun.

2:38 PM

 
Blogger Lynne said...

Did you check is diaper bag for cloves, the child seems to have totally taken to the whole Euro thing.

Hilarious!

I drool over the swag. MMMMM sock yarn.

3:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home