Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A quick dispatch...

This is a fairly short post from Germany, namely because of two reasons - none of the Effing keys are in the right place on this keyboard, and secondlz...I'll be home in a few days and will have pics to show for it all.

Random fun facts:

1. Of the fans that came through Kaiserslautern (where we have stayed for our entire time in Germany), the Italians were the prettiest, the Trinidadians/Tobagans were the most fun to dance with, the Spaniards were the loudest, the Americans were the most jingoistic (and assholish, to be honest), the Saudis were kind of sparse, and the Australians partied the best. (But we still drank them under the table.) Oh, and the Japanese bought up every freakin' 2 GB cards for my digital camera type. Cleaned out the city.

2. There's no Opal in the local knitting store. /cry However, there is enough Lana Grosse to have given me a yarngasm. And it was on sale. May have lost my mind a little when I realised that the sock yarn was about 1/2 the price it is in Canada. Need to go and buy new luggage.

3. Mr. Munchkin has gone very Eurotrash. Pictures to follow soon.

8 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

I can't believe I'm the first commenter on this post!
You're alive! And WELL! And no raging soccer fans have knocked you down!

Mr. Munchkin, Eurotrash? Does that mean dark jeans and ciggies?

Cheap sock yarn, on sale? Gasp.

Mr. Happy is under strict instruction to buy Rowan for a sweater for me while in London. Henry is under strict instruction to not feel up the yarn store clerk. Here's hoping all goes well.

7:53 PM

 
Blogger meegiemoo said...

Very jealous of your Germany visit. Thanks for the update!

8:30 AM

 
Blogger Alison said...

Oh, Eurotrash preschoolers are just so cute!

9:44 AM

 
Anonymous mynfel said...

Ha! So this is where you are!!!

Now I can tell all those WoW people to leave me alone... :)

Hope the Fatherland has been good to you!

4:39 PM

 
Blogger Moe said...

I'm picturing Munchkin as Dieter.

Can't wait to see the photos. Hmm, drank the Aussies under the table, eh? The Maritimes has indeed permeated your soul. Keep up the good work.

11:17 AM

 
Blogger Lesley said...

Can't wait to see pics, especially of Mr Munchkin. Sounds like you're having a fabulous time!

5:23 PM

 
Blogger Lynne said...

I need to see the munchkin pictures.

I totally bet he's doing a quasi-beckham thing with black turtlenecks while on his way to the discotheque. :P

Also, you have my email, let's do something.

10:50 AM

 
Blogger Jaichan said...

Can't wait to see the pics!

5:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home