Monday, March 20, 2006

Finally!

IT LIVES!

I had to majigger the template, but we're back and live, people. Lots of knit news to catch up on.

So, I've been in a bit of a knitting slump lately - at the sock class that Steph taught on Saturday, she asked what was the last FO we'd all completed...and I couldn't remember for the life of me. Bad sign. So, I got motivated to finish off a sweater for Mr. Munchkin that I'd started awhile ago.

...

The thing about knitting for kids is...they grow. At alarming rates. Therefore, sweaters that are not completed promptly will never be worn as they simply will not fit over enormous toddler heads. Of course, considering that I'm the one who squeezed said head out, I should know better.

*grumbles*

So, the cute merino hoodie sweater's gone back to the frog pond. And that lovely silk scarf I was knitting for myself? Has been reverently wound back into a ball, as it just wasn't working. Dunno - just didn't have my ninja mojo on for that one. Will attempt later.

But in the meantime, I was inspired by the toe-up, short row sock class that I took on Saturday. (A mighty blast, btw. No better way to spend a weekend afternoon than in a yarn shop, learning new stuff...and Steph's a GREAT teacher.) Here's a pic of the sock that I knit in the class, accompanied by the sock that I started yesterday.



Admittedly, it's a stocking stitch toe rather than the garter stitch technique that we were taught...but I like that I can wiggle my toes easily around in the stockinette. I love this technique...and I'm thinking that I'll likely knit most, if not all of my future sock projects this way. Of course, wait until I get to the heel. I reserve the right to change my opinion as quickly as the snow melts out here in sunny Dartmouth!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jaichan said...

Yay! You're back. I was worried. I'm the same with the FO situation. I think I've actually forgotten what it means. I really have to get my act together.

4:57 PM

 
Blogger Lynne said...

FO? Um, the only thing I can think of with those letters ends in off and starts with a really bad word. ;)

I am the same. Lots of starts, not so much with the finished. Frogging the arm warmers, I wanna do the Odessea hat, with mits and a scarf insted.

*sigh* so much to do so little time.

7:46 PM

 
Blogger FrozenExtremities said...

I'm so kicking myself for missing that class now....Grrr....

6:12 AM

 
Blogger Steph said...

Yay! You're back.

I'm really glad you enjoyed the class! I just want to know if you end up using those longer needles when you get to the heel. Or if you've already whittled them down.

BTW: Whittling? Just another way to cut yourself.

1:00 PM

 
Blogger morgan said...

they are so damn cute! I will have to go to the next class. Do you have a copy of that 'sexy little knits' book? what's it all about? I am known (well in peterborough at least) for my undies with amusing bums. I must knit my own!!
ps if two 1/2s make 1 whole, do 2 WIPS make a FO? oh god the guys in the apt above me must be practacing for canadian idol or something. Roll on KOL! Get me out of here!

3:04 PM

 
Blogger Moe said...

I meant to comment a long time ago...but welcome back! That is a very cute, tiny little sock (minature things are always cute, ask cuteoverload.com).

3:57 PM

 
Blogger Jaichan said...

Hey Ninja!
Use a serrated knife to cut tomatoes. You'll get a better cut and it's much easier. Serrated knives never need to be sharpened - when they get dull, just toss them and get new ones.
I'll bring my sharpener to the next KOL I attend (next month!!) and I can sharpen your knives there.

11:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home