Sunday, March 12, 2006

Auntie Meme...

My first meme! Tagged by Frozen Extremities and Jaichan:

Seven Things to do before I die:

1. Celebrate New Year's Eve in Dublin, with old friends...and likely some new ones by the end of the night.
2. Go to La Tomatina. Preferably with my teenage children. Which means that I'm going to have to take another dip into the deep end of the genetic pool. *sighs*
3. Learn to surf.
4. Learn to wear a hat. With style.
5. Take cooking classes in Tuscany OR Take art classes in Sienna. Either works for me.
6. Show Mr. Ninja and Mr. Munchkin the beauties of my homeland - South Africa - and my ancestral village in China.
7. Learn how to speak and write Mandarin.

Seven Things I cannot do:

1. Develop a sense of balance. (See the dusting episode for further proof.)
2. Abide frogs.
3. Sit still when I hear a great song.
4. Be patient, unless it's with Mr. Munchkin. I don't know how many times I've read Goodnight Moon now...
5. Visit Ikea without walking out with a cartload of crap.
6. Light a BBQ. (I'm not allowed to anymore. Remind me to tell you the story of the flaming pillar of steak sometime.)
7. A differential equation.

Seven Things that attract me to my mate:

1. A brilliant mind.
2. His goofy and quick sense of humour.
3. Mood-changing eyes, freckles and curly red hair.
4. How sweet he is with Mr. Munchkin.
5. His strong, capable hands.
6. His love of the outdoors.
7. His patient, tolerant nature.

Seven Books I love:


1. The Harper Hall Trilogy - Anne McCaffrey
2. Possession - A. S. Byatt
3. In the Name of the Rose - Umberto Eco
4. Any collection of fairy tales or mythology, from any nation
5. Written on the Body - Jeanette Winterson
6. Barrytown Trilogy - Roddy Doyle
7. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams

Seven Things I say:

1. Holy crap.
2. Oh my gosh.
3. Dude.
4. Oh, maaaaan.
5. Bloody blinking hell.
6. FRACK. (Usually when frogging.)
7. Huh.

Seven Movies I've Loved:

1. The Red Violin
2. The Mummy
3. 13th Warrior
4. The Crow
5. Army of Darkness (Gimmie some sugar, baby. <-- Classic.)
6. Anna Magdalena
7. Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Seven People to Tag:


Uhm...I'm not exactly certain on how this works...so I'm just going to skip it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those of you muttering under your breath, "It's a knitting blog - so get on with it!" Here.



Background kindly provided by Mr. Munchkin. I must also purchase this when it comes out. Simply because I occasionally have the insatiable urge to knit wooly hot pants, and then inflict them upon unsuspecting relatives. Heh.


And... I found another knitting ninja! He's kinda cute too from what I can tell...eyebrows say a lot about a man.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaichan said...

Actually, to make fish 'fluffy' isn't really that evil. You could make a forcemeat with mousseline, and it would be light and airy, like a salmon mousse.
But to do it WW style, circa 1974 would definitely involve a whole world of hurt.

6:49 PM

 
Blogger Lynne said...

Hrmm, I see it isn't bad enough to pollute your own blog with fluffy fish now jaichan...

Anywho, back the the issue felted undies. Are those things felted? I mean please! All I am thinking is ITCHY!

3:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home