Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Rosy and Grey...

Is a song by one of the best bands of my teenage years (Lowest of the Low), and it's a good summation of how I've been feeling lately. The sun has been peeking out so infrequently lately that everytime that it appears, the world feels like it's been made anew - beautiful, bright and good. Then the sun goes away (*sigh*) behind yet another cloud...and I'm left to hope for another sunbeam to come my way. Then again, I have my own little stormcloud/sunbeam of my own to brighten my life...


Voila. This is my part of the co-op yarn (ghetto malabrigo, Lynne!). I love how possessive Mr. Munchkin looks - my yarn! (Well, actually - he has taken to grabbing two knitting needles and sticking them into a skein. Then, he makes the skein "walk" like his beloved dancing car.) Below is a picture of everyone else's part of the order.



There was so much yarn that it covered my entire living room floor. Phew. Half the fun was firmly requesting that Joxer the Mighty (our cat) not nest in the wooly goodness.

Still slogging away on the sweaters...and I've started a jester hat for a friend's son. Good naptime knitting - it's in the round. But I think that I'll be making myself some 1337 g33k (see below for chart) wristwarmers afterwards. About time that I starting making myself something pretty!

4 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

I am weeping silent tears that I didn't order any ghetto malabrigo. My stash has my credit card held hostage.

How cute is that boy?

10:46 AM

 
Blogger Moe said...

I should put my credit card in the freezer. I am getting closer and closer to SABLE (but DID NOT order malabrigo. I instead over-compensated at Tangled Skeins).

You and Mr Ninja sure make a good looking kid...

12:36 PM

 
Blogger Lynne said...

I agree, that ghetto yarn is lovely!

Maybe next time I can get some ghetto-fabulous yarn. I do need sweaters...

Normally moms are way biased about the kid, but I agree, the munchkin is pretty darn cute.

Does he need a crazy Aunt Lynne, cuz I am totally cool with that!

1:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man you mention rosy and grey by lowest of the low in your post. now i'm from england but i've heard the song and i am DESPERATE to find it. is there any chance you know a place where i can get it or the album it's on?

rhyswbev at aol dot com

9:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home