Sunday, December 04, 2005

Ok, this is just gettting silly.

Let's play a game of I spy. I spy with my little eye...another stinkin' almost FO. This is driving me nuts. (The fact that I haven't slept had more than 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep EVERY night this week may have something to do with my aggressive attitude towards the innocent project in question.)


That would be a thumbless mitten, a cannibalized skein of bulky wool and the tuft of yarn destined to be the thumb of the mitten. What is it with my almost FOs running out of steam? But at least they're done now. Ends woven in neatly and everything! I'm quite proud of myself for that last bit...as it involved sharp, pointy objects. Which, under normal circumstances, I would never be allowed near in my current mental condition.

But I'm quite cheerful at the moment: Mr. Munchkin is obsessed with Pingu, so my next project is a Christmas gift for him, Pasha.

I nearly forgot - I got the prices for the co-op yarn from the seller:

Merino handpainted:
Up to
20 skeins $6.5 USD each skein.
Between 20 and 100 skeins $6 USD each skein.
More than 100 skeins $5.7 USD each skein.

Merino undyed:
Up to 20 skeins $5.5 USD each skein.
Between 20 and 100 skeins $5 USD each skein.
More than 100 skeins $4.7 USD each skein.


So, that's the base cost per skein...obviously, the cost of shipping would be tacked onto that. But it's still a pretty swanky deal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Moe said...

you should offer a room in your home to the coffee barista from uncommon grounds so he can test drive your almost FOs and provide finishing motivation.

Hmm...good prices on the yummy yummy yarn...keep working on/enabling us at SnB, I have a feeling you will have some coop partners after the x-mas budget shock has worn off.

8:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home