Thursday, December 15, 2005

and Triumph!

Missed SnB last night because Mr. Ninja HANDED IN HIS Ph.D. THESIS! This is big, people. So, we stayed in and celebrated in style. And since drunken knitting tends not to go so well for me...I worked on something else last night after we were done.


It's not easy making presents for your Mom at the best of times. And since my Mom is the ultimate knitter (she used to be a LYS owner), I know that there's no way that I can knit her anything that even comes close to her exquisite craftsmanship. So, instead, I made my mom a knitting accessory this year. It's a lined bag for her wool - there's a grommet in the top left corner which the yarn is threaded through - so her current project will be well protected. The side pocket holds a yarn cutter pendant and there's plenty of room for cable needles and other such fripperies. I'm still debating whether or not to make a handle on one side so that she can hang the bag on the handle of her purse or her wrist...I guess I'll just wrap it up and ask her when she opens the present.

Speaking of presents - the stormtrooper scarf continues. Onto the second skein of Malabrigo...and just so you know, winding a skein in the dark DOES NOT work at all. I got so frustrated and angry and upset and flustered (not to mention livid) that I called Lucy at Tradewind Knits this morning and bought myself this:



After the first two skeins, I was just about ready to burst into tears of sheer joy. Life is good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Moe said...

Hi Ninj,

The yarn purse for your mom is gorgeous - I loove the fabric. What a great idea.

I heard from Steph about what happened at TS. Absolutely terrible - BTW, Dartmouth downtown is NOT safe in the evenings, be careful. There is a whole different demographic roaming around after there dark.

Congrats to Mr Ninja on the thesis completion! You two must be so happy, I won't have an end in sight for about a year.

5:30 PM

 
Blogger Steph said...

YAY! Thesis completion.
YAY! Ball winder and swift (best investment ever)
YAY! Beautiful accessory bag.

BOO hiss - bad person who broke into the shop.

(No, I was never a cheerleader - why do you ask?)

11:35 AM

 
Blogger Lynne said...

OOH! Ultimate purchase! Be sure to switch your, erm, cranking arm, so you don't end up looking like Trogdor with one beefy arm. :)

Grats to Mr. Ninja! What an accomplishment.

I am really curious to see that SW scarf. Knit stormtroopers, too cute.

8:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home