Thursday, November 24, 2005

Curse you, ye gods of yarn...

See this?

That carefully drawn circle would be an indication that the gods of yarn are having a good chuckle somewhere at my expense. Those are slippers destined to be felted into a Christmas gift.

However.

I have run out of the accursed Peace Fleece just shy of the i-cord edging on the second slipper. So, my choices are to either rip back the edging on the first slipper, and knit a contrasting i-cord cuff for both slippers in another colour... or to start another skein for a pathetically miniscule amount of yarn needed. Grrr.

I suppose that this is my yarn karma paying me back for the purchase of a new yarn swift and ball winder (What? Did you *see* my last post? I need a ball winder...) but I personally think that some pissed off sheep in the former Soviet Union is just getting its bleated (belated!) revenge on a dirty capitalist knitter.

In other wooly news - I have to get rid of all of my Peace Fleece. It's such pretty yarn, too. *sighs* Turns out that PF is so minimally processed that there's tonnes of lanolin left in the end product. Great for soakers and long pants for cloth diapering. But sucky for me in that lanolin aggravates my skin, causing nasty flare-ups. So, I guess it's just going to be overly processed, soft as a cloud merino for me from now on.

Also, I'm going to be running a co-op for some more of that fantastic eBay merino. She's having a Christmas sale, and I want to get the best price possible. ($6 USD for a skein!) Anyone who's interested, here's the yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cdnyarnenablers
I'll be setting up the database in a few days, as I'd like to close the co-op before Christmas.

1 Comments:

Blogger morgan said...

hesya,
you can get fleece artist at lk and tangled skeins but her workshop/studio is in laurencetown(!)
If you need a ball winder etc, they could help you out at the loop. If you buy something in a skein, theyll wind it for you and im sure they'd wind your own if you brought it in!
you will have to tell me more about this coop at snb...

1:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home